Dragon Ball FighterZ is a fighting game created by Arc System Works that features 3-on-3 fighting mechanics using the legendary Dragon Ball manga and anime series created by Akira Toriyama.
Below you will find all you need to know in order to enter THE REAPER NIGHTMARE TOURNAMENT SERIES | 死神の悪夢トーナメントシリーズ for Dragon Ball FighterZ (RNTS-DBFZ) tournaments; everything you need to know should be covered here, but feel free to post below in the comment section or on the “Help” section of Discord if you should require more information.
Official Info on the THE REAPER NIGHTMARE TOURNAMENT SERIES | 死神の悪夢トーナメントシリーズ
This tournament will be streamed live on Twitch! Matches from the Winner’s Bracket will be streamed randomly up until the Top 8, where every single match will be on stream!
RoK the Reaper’s Official Twitch Channel
- COMMENTATORS/Tournament Organizers — RoK the Reaper, Flexikan (Flex), and Riot_Z32 (RaS).
The official Discord for THE REAPER NIGHTMARE TOURNAMENT SERIES | 死神の悪夢トーナメントシリーズ for Dragon Ball FighterZ (RNTS-DBFZ). All tournaments will be organized through here, so please make sure to be there at the designated start time. The specific category for this tournament will be listed as “RNTS”.
RoK the Reaper’s Official Discord Server
- MANDATORY ATTENDANCE — It is REQUIRED that you be in the Discord server when the tournament begins. It will be necessary to check-in, matchmake, and report scores.
- CHANGE NICKNAME TO PSN ID — You will be required to change your nickname in the official Discord to your Playstation Network ID. To do so, click on the part that says “RoKtheReaper.com” and from the scroll down select “Change nickname”.
This will be all the information you need in order to register; It covers how to sign-up and how to make sure you do not miss out on the tournament. Please be mindful of everything here, failure to heed the process will result in possibly missing out on the tournament!
- SIGN-UP — Here is the official sign-up link RNTS-13-DBFZ Tournament Sign-Ups
- CHALLONGE — Tournament brackets will be hosted on “Challonge”, as well as the sign-ups. After clicking “Sign-Up” after creating an account (if you did not already have one), you need to change your entry name to your PSN ID. In order to do so you need to click “Your Settings” on the tournament page and change your username if it is different than your Playstation Network ID.
- START TIME — Tournament will start Thursday, January 17th, 2019, at 8PM EST. Check-ins on Challonge will happen 15 minutes before every tournament (Mandatory for entry) and I will be available 1 hour before every tournament in the Official Discord under “RNTS” in the “Help” Category for anyone who needs it. If you need help checking in on Challonge, please let myself or any “Shinigami” in the Discord know and we will take care of you.
- KNOW AND FOLLOW THE RULES — Ignorance of the rules does not mean exemption from them. If you are entering a tournament without reading the rules, then you are already subjecting yourself to being disqualified for making it harder on everyone by waiting for someone to explain it to you rather than taking the initiative and not being a pain-in-the-ass for the tournament staff. If someone is oblivious to the rules out of blatant disregard to read them, then they are subject to an automatic disqualification.
- DISCORD/CHALLONGE NAMES — These MUST match your Playstation Network ID 1-for-1. If your Playstation Network ID (PSN ID) is NOT the same as your Challonge AND Discord name, then you will be treated as a no show until you do, resulting in a disqualification to the Loser’s Bracket and then eventually the whole tournament. If you do not know how to do this, please see above in the “Registration” section.
- CONNECTION — This is an online tournament. I ask that you have a decent connection before participating; Ethernet cord is GREATLY preferred over Wi-Fi. While I know everyone who wants to participate may not have an outstanding connection, I ask that it is sufficient enough to smoothly play matches with those who you are matched up against. You know whether-or-not you have poor internet, so this falls upon you. Please see FAQ if you have any questions about dealing with individuals with extreme lag.
- CHECK-IN — You will be required to check-in for each tournament. Check-in’s on Challonge will be open 15 minutes prior to the tournament start. Check-ins allow me to know who is present so that I can either adjust the bracket or fill their vacancies with people wanting to participate if the tournament has a cap (as well as award byes). Be in the “Check-in” Discord room at the start of the event and let me know you are checked in on Challonge (include your PSN ID).
- MATCH FORMAT — Best 2 out of 3 format; you will need to win 2 games in order to win the entire set. Winner of any game is not allowed to change characters or their starting orders, the loser may change their characters or their starting positions. Best 3 out of 5 format will be for Winner’s, Loser’s, and Grand Finals; you will need to win 3 games in order to win the entire set in any of the finals.
- MATCH ANNOUNCEMENT — Matches will be announced on the “#match-announcement” section of the RoKtheReaper.com official Discord server for RNTS. Look to see when you should be playing your match, when your match is ready, and whether-or-not you will be on stream.
- MATCH REPORTING — The winner of each set will report their wins in the appropriate Discord section (#match-reporting); the loser may also do the same. The number of wins-to-losses is also required, so be sure to keep track (example; RoK_the_Reaper won with a score of 3-2 against Riot_Z32).
- LEAVE IMMEDIATELY — If you stick around for matches with your opponent and they best you a few times, they could easily make it look like they won instead of you. I would advise you to immediately leave the room and hang around in the Discord to wait for your next match.
- REAPER’S JUDGMENT — In cases of extreme lag, this rule will be in effect. Both players agree the match is unplayable and the outcome will not be a fair one; this is either because of a bad connection due to distance, connection to each other, or both. Each player players ONE ROUND against a member of the staff (RoK_the_Reaper, Flexikan, or Riot_z32) and whoever does best will be put into the next match. HOWEVER, if the Judge deems one connection to actually be woefully unfair, they will disqualify that person until a better connection can be established regardless of win or loss.
- LAG — This is an online tournament, lag is to be expecting in some matches. In the case of extreme lag, I ask that you do your best and report the outcome along with the case if there is bad lag and evidence of it via PS4’s Share Feature. If there is a case of an individual with a constant bad connection, we will take action.
- MATCH DISPUTE — There will be times where a match dispute happens. PS4 has a handy feature that enables anyone to record gameplay for up to an hour. Please use this to record your matches if someone states anything other than the truth when reporting, this will allow us to mark the correct winner and ban the lying loser.
- DISCONNECTION — Subject to a loss at the discretion of the TO; however, more than likely will forfeit that particular round to the opponent (so if it was 0-0 it would be 0-1 in the person-who-did-not-disconnect’s favor).
- SEEDING — Seeding for this tournament is random. I look at no one as being above or below someone else, every tournament begins anew. It is possible to face anyone at anytime at any point in the tournament. After every has checked in on Challonge, I will shuffle the bracket once at random before telling everyone to play their matches.
Leave a Reply!