Below you will find all you need to know in order to enter THE REAPER NIGHTMARE TOURNAMENT SERIES | 死神の悪夢トーナメントシリーズ for Mortal Kombat 11 (RNTS-MK11) tournaments; everything you need to know should be covered here, but feel free to post below in the comment section or on the “Help” section of Discord if you require more information.TOURNAMENT PLATFORM
RNTS-MK11 series will be held on the Playstation 4.TOURNAMENT ORGANIZERS
These are the organizers for THE REAPER NIGHTMARE TOURNAMENT SERIES | 死神の悪夢トーナメントシリーズ. You can go to these guys for any questions regarding anything here. RoK the Reaper is marked as “KAMI-SAMA” in the official Discord, everyone else is marked as “SHINIGAMI“.
Feel free to give a like, follow, and subscribe to any of their social media listed below as a continued show of support for helping make this series possible with the least amount of headache.
- RoK the Reaper
Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram | Twitch
Twitter | Twitch
This tournament will be streamed live on Twitch! Matches from the Winner’s Bracket will be streamed randomly up until the Top 8, where every single match will be on stream!DISCORD
The official Discord for THE REAPER NIGHTMARE TOURNAMENT SERIES | 死神の悪夢トーナメントシリーズ for Mortal Kombat 11 (RNTS-MK11). All tournaments will be organized through here, so please make sure to be there at the designated start time. The specific category for this tournament will be listed as “RNTS”.
- MANDATORY ATTENDANCE — It is REQUIRED that you be in the Discord server when the tournament begins. It will be necessary to check-in, matchmake, and report scores.
- CHANGE NICKNAME TO PSN ID — You will be required to change your nickname in the official Discord to your Playstation Network ID. To do so, click on the part that says “RoKtheReaper.com” and from the scroll down select “Change nickname”.
- ASSIGN YOURSELF THE THE RNTS-MK11 ROLE — Go to the channel named “role assignment” and enter the command “y!sub RNTS-MK11” for all future tournaments and updates for Mortal Kombat 11.
This will be all the information you need in order to register; It covers how to sign-up and how to make sure you do not miss out on the tournament. Please be mindful of everything here, failure to heed the process will result in possibly missing out on the tournament!
- SIGN-UPS — All upcoming sign-ups can be found HERE
- CHALLONGE — Tournament brackets will be hosted on “Challonge”, as well as the sign-ups. Create an account (if you did not already have one) and then you will need to click “Sign-Up” to register. You will need to change your entry name to your PSN ID. In order to do so you need to click “Your Settings” on the tournament page and change your username if it is different than your Playstation Network ID.
- CHECK-IN — Check-ins on Challonge will happen 15 minutes before every tournament (Mandatory for entry). They allow the tournament to staff to get an accurate count of who is here and who is not; thankfully Challonge only makes a bracket with those who have prove they are here and ready to fight.
To check in, simply go back to the Challonge sign-up page 15 minutes before the tournament starts and click the “Check-in” button.
The tournament staff will be available 1 hour before every tournament in the Official Discord under “RNTS” in the “Help” Category for anyone who needs it.
- KNOW AND FOLLOW THE RULES — Ignorance of the rules does not mean exemption from them. If you are entering a tournament without reading the rules, then you are already subjecting yourself to being disqualified for making it harder on everyone by waiting for someone to explain it to you rather than taking the initiative and not being a pain-in-the-ass for the tournament staff. If someone is oblivious to the rules out of blatant disregard to read them, then they are subject to an automatic disqualification.
- TOURNAMENT VARIATIONS — Kustom Variations are banned and only Tournament Variations are allowed; therefore “Kompetitive Mode” will be toggled on. To know what your character’s Tournament Variations are, please follow these steps.
1. Go to “KUSTOMIZE“.
2. Select the “CHARACTERS” option and select your character of choice.
3. Select any variation slot or make a new one.
4. Go over to the “ABILITIES” section.
5. Push square to “SELECT A PRESET“.
6. The presets with trophies by them are the Tournament Variations.
- CONNECTION — This is an online tournament. I ask that you have a decent connection before participating; Ethernet cord is GREATLY preferred over Wi-Fi. While I know everyone who wants to participate may not have an outstanding connection, I ask that it is sufficient enough to smoothly play matches with those who you are matched up against. You know whether-or-not you have poor internet, so this falls upon you. Please see FAQ if you have any questions about dealing with individuals with extreme lag.
- DOUBLE ELIMINATION — You will need to lose twice to be considered out of the tournament. If you make it to Grand Finals on the without losing (on the winner’s side), the challenger will need to beat you in two 3/5 sets in order to win.
- MATCH FORMAT — Best 2 out of 3 format; you will need to win 2 games in order to win the entire set. Winner of any game is not allowed to change characters or that character’s variation. Best 3 out of 5 format will be for Winner’s, Loser’s, and Grand Finals; you will need to win 3 games in order to win the entire set in any of the finals.
- MATCH ANNOUNCEMENT — Matches will be announced on the “#match-announcement” section of the RoKtheReaper.com official Discord server for RNTS. Look to see when you should be playing your match, when your match is ready, and whether-or-not you will be on stream.
- MATCH REPORTING — The winner of each set will report their wins in the appropriate Discord section (#match-reporting); the loser may also do the same. The number of wins-to-losses is also required, so be sure to keep track (example; RoK_the_Reaper won with a score of 3-2 against Shinigami_Rokku).
- LEAVE IMMEDIATELY — If you stick around for matches with your opponent and they best you a few times, they could easily make it look like they won instead of you. I would advise you to immediately leave the room and hang around in the Discord to wait for your next match.
- LAG — This is an online tournament, lag is to be expecting in some matches. In the case of extreme lag, I ask that you do your best and report the outcome along with the case if there is bad lag and evidence of it via PS4’s Share Feature. If there is a case of an individual with a constant bad connection, we will take action.
- MATCH DISPUTE — There will be times where a match dispute happens. PS4 has a handy feature that enables anyone to record gameplay for up to an hour. Please use this to record your matches if someone states anything other than the truth when reporting, this will allow us to mark the correct winner and ban the lying loser.
- DISCONNECTION — Subject to a loss at the discretion of the TO; however, more than likely will forfeit that particular round to the opponent (so if it was 0-0 it would be 0-1 in the person-who-did-not-disconnect’s favor).
- SEEDING — Seeding for this tournament is random. I look at no one as being above or below someone else, every tournament begins anew. It is possible to face anyone at anytime at any point in the tournament. After every has checked in on Challonge, I will shuffle the bracket once at random before telling everyone to play their matches.